Our History

2013
200/300/400 Nurse Station & Corridor Upgrades
2008
Renovate rooms with 2 beds into Private Suites. Modify lobby to include a 3 season porch for comfortable resident and guest use.
2007
Remodel and Secured 500/600 Wings, and addition of a Bathing Suite
2004
Dedication of Renovation project for Rehabilitation. Name changed to Good Shepherd Lutheran Community.
2001
Dedication of new construction- Shepherd’s Village 12 Assisted Living and 20 Low-Income Housing Apartments
1998
Remodeled existing 500 wing for Memory Impaired Shepherd’s Care Unit.
1997
Dedication of Large Multi-functional Chapel and adjacent Solarium which accommodates 100 worshipers.
1995
Addition and Dedication of front office and lobby addition.Addition and Dedication of front office and lobby addition.
1993
Began Shepherd’s Watch Adult Day Care.
1992
Opened Shepherd’s Flock Child Development Center. Licensed Child Care for children 6 weeks to 12 years of age.
1989
Dedication of Johansen Manor- Newly constructed 24, One & Two Bedroom Apartments
1986
Dedicated an additional 36 beds in 500/600 wings.
1982
Nygaard Park & Gazebo provided by Nels & Andrew Nygaard Estates was built and dedicated.
1977
Changed the name to “Good Shepherd Lutheran Home”
1964
Dedication of an added 40-bed addition as 300/400 wings and dining room.
1952
Dedication of “Unit 3” A new 2-story structure increased the total occupancy to 40 guests.
1948
Dedication of the Good Shepherd Lutheran Old People’s Home. Remodeled the home on the Hooks property to provide housing for six to seven guests. A second house received from Nels Nygaard was also remodeled to accommodate 22nd & Wright Streets - April 11, 1948 seven guests referred to as the Annex. First resident admitted April 15, 1948.
1946
16 Acres purchased known as the “Hooks” property
1945
Organization of “Old People’s Home Association”